Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Another FAB bargain to report.

  1. #1
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    We stopped in at the Salvation army and I found a 1995 AGToday with the 1997 Culote outift and the jelly shoes for $24!

    Now that doesn't sound like great deal(hehe actually it does [img]wink.gif[/img] ), but she ALSO scanned HALF PRICE! So she was $12.50!

    She is the brown haired/brown eyed(it acutally looks black unless it's in direct sun?) She is perfect in every way and looks to have never even had her hair combed, it is much shinier than even my Marisols!

    I decided to name her Katrina, both to honor all the people who are strugging out there and so I never forget when I got her.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 05, 2005 03:34 AM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MAN, I NEVER FIND THIS KIND OF STUFF - EVER.

    And I don't know how I'm missing it; heck, I go to the thrift store ALL THE TIME.

    Great story and congrats on your find!

    *goes into corner and mumbles to herself about the injustices in the world...grumble grumble grumble*

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Tachibana's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2005
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Maybe someday I will find something special too!!

    Can I rub Katrina for luck??

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! You peoples are so lucky! I've never found any American Girl doll at any yard/garage sale, thrift store, or anywhere else where I could get the doll for really cheap! My biggest fantasy (other than winning the lottery [img]wink.gif[/img] ) is to stop at a yard sale and find a good/great/mint condition Kailey doll for under $50! LOL!Now $150 is a bargain for her, and not even a mint condition one, either! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW! That is so great! You find the greatest deals.I am sure she is just beautiful.Congratulations!!

  6. #6
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by AGCrayZee:
    [QB]MAN, I NEVER FIND THIS KIND OF STUFF - EVER.

    And I don't know how I'm missing it; heck, I go to the thrift store ALL THE TIME.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I go every few days and this is only the second AG doll I have ever found. The first was the infamous $10 Bright Redhead Felicity [img]wink.gif[/img] I find books almost every single time I go, but no one ever seems to get rid of the dolls or thier things. Day before yesterday I got a minty strawberry blonde 1960 open hand Chatty Cathy (mute, but oh well). Yes I know, you hate me [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I love Katrina dearly already. I played with her on the way home to many disapproving stares from adults and jealous stares from little girls [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW - lucky you.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GreyMist -

    As another one who also has lots of Chatty Cathy family dolls, how much did you pay for that one?

    My best chatty thrift store find was a chatty baby for 59 cents on half price toy day, so it made her 29 cents!

    Linda

  9. #9
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by LindaL:
    GreyMist -

    As another one who also has lots of Chatty Cathy family dolls, how much did you pay for that one?

    My best chatty thrift store find was a chatty baby for 59 cents on half price toy day, so it made her 29 cents!

    Linda
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oops I thought I said. [img]redface.gif[/img] She was $2.50. I also found her a dress which was homemade, but very well made and ATLEAST as old as her on another doll for $2. So she was $4 [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Yeah I got a bitty baby once for 69 cents. I put that one on ebay to pay for Addy though and totally forgot about it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GreyMyst:
    I love Katrina dearly already. I played with her on the way home to many disapproving stares from adults and jealous stares from little girls [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [/QB]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HA!! Love this part especially. Adults who disapprove of grown women who play with dolls should:

    (1) lighten up;
    (2) get over it;
    (3) investigate the ridiculous places they blow their own money/crazy stuff they buy (for example, I have a friend who personally thinks I've lost my mind, but who owns sixty-four pairs of shoes); and my personal favorite
    (4) spend more time staring at the blue-haired guy who walks around the mall with no less than fifty-seven piercings and wearing a tank top in the dead of winter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •